You are not allowed to take pictures so here is a link.
https://www.google.com/search?q=byzantine+icons&rlz=1RMBKJA_enUS575US575&oq=byzantium+icon&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l3&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8&hl=en-US&espv=1
Journeying Alone
To uncover life's beauty.
Ah, the bliss of it!
A deep hunger to
feed my creativity.
Artistic soul food.
Call ancient spirits.
Offer reliquary gifts.
Old creating new.
Sing deep inside me
Passionate refrains of art.
Lingering sweet songs.
Long looks Green Man's gaze
From autumn to sprouting spring
Spy hints of new life.
My heart is opened
My senses are on fire
Ready, set, leap, fly....
I went to all kinds of places in the museum. I climbed stairways that lead to nowhere and discovered pieces of sculpture.
I wrote this haiku after gazing on the icon called "Man of Sorrow"
Bowed head, pain closed eyes.
May we display your sorrow
Should we know your grief?
Tired dust soaked feet
Bruised by life's hard thorny path
Yahweh, wash my feet?
It's the end of my day and I am traveling home on the train. My heart is full. As Harriet my mother- in-law says: "My cup runneth over..."



No comments:
Post a Comment