Sending breath from childlike lips
Wishing on the wind
In the back of my mind I developed this belief that when there is a big loud storm with thunder and lightning that the gates of heaven are opening to allow a saint entrance. Dottie passed away while I was vacationing in China. There was a storm with thunder and lightning in Bejieng. She had such a prolific voice. Her poetry captured community, communed with nature and evoked us to get involved with life. She loved simply without complication and her love cast a wide birth. While walking the land at Dayspring and passing by the Lake of the Saints I felt Dottie's spirit in the wind. I also greeted others who have gone before me. Peace of Christ be with you!
Dottie passed bye here
Lingering by gentle pools
Reflecting her love
Embracing arms make
Happiness encounters like
Windblown wild flowers
God's heart is open
The Gentleness of spirit
Engulfs us in love
Me
and my mom goofing around with videos. I love her eyes. They show a
woman still engaged with life but tired. She is fighting illness yet
still makes time for frivolity. No makeup or coiffed hair. The
beauty of the moment demands a real face. I love the things I do that are
like my mom. I purse my lips while in deep thot. I love dogs
ridiculously like she does. I treasure my life as it reflects hers.
Mom you spirit is still with me. Let’s go for a walk.
Ponder the person
Fragile and broken yet strong
Deeply rooted tree
No comments:
Post a Comment